Monday, 7 January 2008

Welcome to my Better Boards blog!

I'm glad you've visited. I hope to make it worth your while to return from time to time. (You might want to make it easy by adding this page to your Favourites folder.)

This blog is about helping boards work more effectively: I plan
  • to include some of my own thinking,
  • to pose a few questions to make you think, and
  • to provide links to other articles that might help.
I expect the subject matter will be wide-ranging, but everything will be aimed at helping boards, and those of us who sit at the table, to add more value to our organisations. I think there's an opening for a forum like this - although I suspect many more boards than we might assume already work quite effectively: we just never hear about them because boards that do their job seldom attract the limelight. If I'm successful, we'll read about even fewer in the future.

As the old governance paradox has it: When an organisation is working, the CEO's the star; when it all turns pear-shaped, "Welcome a-board!"

I'm also keen to know your thoughts - whether or not you agree with what I say - so please don't be shy about adding your comments.

I look forward to your joining me on this exploration.

No comments: